By Youth for Youth
The steering committee members are approved volunteers and partners providing the necessities required to sustain the program.
The resource team members are volunteers under the age of 25 forming a grass roots "think tank" and ambassadors of the organization.
Youth caregivers are what this organization is all about! Here, they have the opportunity to get the support they need to stop feeling so alone and overwhelmed.
- Does someone in your family have a physical or mental illness, disability or addiction?
- Is giving care to a family member having a negative impact on your school work?
- Do you look after one or more family members on a daily basis?
- Do you feel physically/emotionally drained from looking after a family member?
- Do you feel that you are taking on more family responsibilities than your peers?
- Are you missing out on your social life and other activities?
- Are you left alone caring for a family member beyond what feels reasonable?
- Do you feel trapped, hopeless, or overwhelmed?
- Do you feel that you are expected to do things that you are not qualified or physically able to do, such as giving medications or doing heavy lifting?
Youth as caregivers, because of their age, do not have ready access to agencies, financial support, counselling, respite, professionals, or support groups.